Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week at my daughter's school it is Teacher Appreciation Week. She is in the 4th grade and I know how her teacher likes to send notecards and can always use notepads. So I made her a few cute items (band-aid holder, 3 x 3 notecards in box, gum holder, tic tac holder and covered her a 3 x 5 pastel scratch pad. Here is a picture of them:




They all turned out so cute and I cased the gum holder and tic tac holder from Rochelle and I can't remember where I got the cute little box from. Here are the directions for it. Start with a 7.5 x 5.5 piece of cardstock. Score it 1" in parallel to the long sides and 3" in parallel to the short sides. I cut the short scored lines and used the sticky strip to hold the sides together. I added ribbon for the handles and cover the sides with printed paper.

The cute band-aid box I ordered was from EB Creations and used the same paper and design to cover it. Once I measure it, I ran it through my sticker maker making it easier to glue to the container. Sorry I don't have the measurements. I still have a couple to make and I'll try to get the measurements then. I used red grossgrain ribbon on the top and bottom to cover some of my rough edges.


Supplies: Stampin Up Scallop, 1 3/8", 1 1/4" punch, Real Red, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Summer Picnic Scrapbook Paper, White Ribbon (Not SU), Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Black & Garden Green Stamp Pad, Real Red Marker.

Stamp Sets: Tart & Tangy, Year Round Cheer (Retired), and Very Punny (Retired)

This is only my second post and I'm still learning how to format and get things where I want them. If you have any advice, please e-mail me. Thanks!


Kim






5 comments:

Rochelle W said...

Kim,
I love how everything turned out. I knew I should have got that summer picnic paper. You made some really cute gift items. She will love everything!! Great job.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Welcome to Blogland!!! You'll have fun with it!!! Love the Teacher Appreciate gift set you made -- just adorable and you are a great cake decorator!!! That is something I always wanted to take a class on, but none are offered in our area -- maybe someday!!! Again, WELCOME!!!!

Amy said...

Cute little bandaid tin... love it! and those little card boxes turned out very nice. Welcome to the land of blogging. Your site looks great. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Diane Gilbert said...

Hi Kim! Congrats on taking the step to blogland! These are great ideas, I know teachers always appreciate note cards and note pads. Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I'll be back soon to see what you have been up too. Take care ~ Diane

Mandi D. said...

These are really adorable! It inspires me to want to break out the stamps and get to work! Your site looks AWESOME too.